Thursday, October 14, 2004

Smirky McFlightSuit, being the down home, aw-shucks liar once again

Smirky, September 17, 2001
:

"I want justice.
There's an old poster out west, as I recall, that said, "Wanted: Dead or Alive" ... I just remember, all I'm doing is remembering when I was a kid I remember that they used to put out there in the old west, a wanted poster. It said: "Wanted, Dead or Alive." All I want and America wants [bin Laden] brought to justice. That's what we want."

Smirky, March 13, 2002 (just six months later)
:

"As I say, we haven't heard much from [bin Laden]. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

John Kerry, the third presidential debate, Oct 13, 2004:


"When the president had an opportunity to capture or kill Osama bin Laden, he took his focus off of them, outsourced the job to Afghan warlords, and Osama bin Laden escaped.


Six months after he said Osama bin Laden must be caught dead or alive, this president was asked, "Where is Osama bin Laden?" He said, "I don't know. I don't really think about him very much. I'm not that concerned."


Smirky's rebuttal, the third presidential debate, Oct 13, 2004:


"Gosh,
I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations."

No comments: