Sunday, May 22, 2005

The 101st Fighting Keyboarders, weaselly young Republican edition.


Every so often, I think I'm just going to remind everyone of the gutless, cowardly hypocrisy of all those sanctimonious, pro-war young Republicans who think fighting and dying for Halliburton and the Carlyle Group is just ever so peachy keen as long as it's not them who's doing it.

Remember this? My favourite bizarre rationalization:

"I physically probably couldn't do a whole lot" in Iraq, said Tiffanee Hokel, 18, of Webster City, Iowa, who called the war a moral imperative. She knows people posted in Iraq, but she didn't flinch when asked why she wouldn't go.

"I think I could do more here," Hokel said, adding that she's focusing on political action that supports the war and the troops.

"We don't have to be there physically to fight it," she said.

Except that you kind of have to be there physically to be one of the unlucky ones to be killed in it. Funny how that works.

No comments: