Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Angry, Uncivilized Left.


It's not at all clear how to even begin to respond to this comment from recent visitor "noyb":

Sure, let's see whose ideological followers are less civilized. My evidence against your ideology includes:

-environmentalist whackos (e.g. Greenpeace, Earth First, etc.) who burn down research labs, vandalize cars, assault people, etc.

-animal rights whackos who break into medical research labs and release the animals into the wild (and never mind that the animals may be sick/diseased or unfit to survive in the area they are freed)

-anarchists who march en masse and vandalize, burn cars, commit arson, assault police officers, etc.

-pro-choice advocates who assault, steal and destroy the property of and make false complaints to the police about peaceful pro-life demonstrators and sidewalk counselors

That's a start. Do you wish me to continue?

noyb is, quite clearly and in all seriousness, making the claim that the ideological Left is more violent and less civilized than those on the Right. It is, of course, tempting to tear his argument a whole new orifice but there seems to be little value in that.

Rather, I'm simply going to call a stop to this thread, at least in this venue. You'll notice that I'm not allowing any comments on this post, from either side, for a very simple reason -- any further discussion would be a total waste of time, and we both know it. Furthermore, I'm banning noyb from any further comments on this blog, to which I'm sure the residents of Wankerville will immediately howl, "Censorship!". Not at all.

I am in no way whatsoever censoring noyb, except from my small corner of the blogosphere. As I've said before: My blog, my rules. And one of my rules is that I don't tolerate commenters who wander in and decide to make themselves comfortable and set up shop for the foreseeable future, simply to pick fights with whatever I choose to write about.

If noyb really has that much to say, he is absolutely within his rights to set up his own blog, where he has the freedom to rant to his heart's content. And I'll even make him this offer: If he does that, he's welcome to drop me an e-mail and I'll post a link to his new digs, and invite anyone who's interested to drop by if they feel so inclined to continue the discussion.

If noyb has that much to get off his chest, then the obvious solution is to start his own blog, to which I'll be happy to supply a link. But I draw the line at someone deciding to simply move in here and start ranting. Once again: My blog, my rules. Which also means: Your blog, your rules. It doesn't get much fairer than that, does it?

It's been enlightening, noyb. And don't forget to write.

P.S. If you want to understand why I have precious little patience for trolls these days, well, let Driftglass enlighten you.