Friday, January 12, 2007

GOP wankeritude, in two parts.


These people are, quite simply, lunatics. First, let's check in on White House Spokeswanker Tony Snow:

MATTHEWS: No, I’ve been watching the war in Iraq, is what I’ve been watching. As long as you say to me before we leave tonight that the president has to get approval from Congress before making war on Iran.

SNOW: Let me put it this way. The president understands you got to have public support for whatever you do. The reason we are talking to the American public about the high takes in Iraq and why it is absolutely vital to succeed is you’ve got to have public support, and the president certainly, whenever he’s taken major actions, he has gone before Congress.

Which would seem to, uh, contradict this:

Seventy percent of Americans oppose sending more troops to Iraq, according to a new poll that provides a devastatingly blunt response to President Bush's plan to bolster military forces there.

And, at no extra charge, we have the jaw-dropping madness of Condi Rice:

"It's bad policy to speculate on what you'll do if a plan fails when you're trying to make a plan work."

And, note well, Rice is not simply saying that they didn't create any contingency plan; no, she's saying that doing such a thing is a bad idea.

Dear Canada: Welcome to your future.

BONUS SNARK
: I'm sorry, Condi ... what part of the question don't you understand?

4 comments:

M@ said...

Ah, Condi. I've always been a fan of hers.

No, wait, that was some whimpering asshole. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

What do you expect when we’ve got Klingons in the White House?

Simon said...

Speaking of Tony Snow, I just read (at thinkprogress.org) that he repeatedly cited Michelle Malkin's work on the Jamil Hussein "story" in an interview with MegaTurd Hugh Hewitt. He also insinuated that she was a soldier in the media war.

I think I need to have my memory completely erased. I can't take the absurdity of the last 6 years anymore.

Anonymous said...

"It's bad policy to speculate on what you'll do if a plan fails when you're trying to make a plan work."

You cannot be anything other than a liar or a lunatic to say something as breathlessly idiotic as this.

Whenever I go to the toilet, I have a plan in case of failure (no toilet paper, toilet over-flow, constipation...I could go on), and I'm not no fuckin' Secretary of State neither.