Friday, January 12, 2007

It's all a matter of context.


Working himself into a high dudgeon of panty twisting, Daimnation's Mark C. is some kind of miffed with the journalistic selectivity of CNN:

I've had it with CNN

Secretary of State Rice testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee today. CNN covered live the opening statements of Democratic Chairman Biden and ranking Republican Lugar, and of the Secretary. As soon as questions began, the coverage stopped. (Only one senator's qestioning has been carried live: John Kerry's. Hmmm...)

I never got the chance to see much of Defense Secretary Gates and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Pace at the House Armed Services Committee, either. Pathetic.

In totally-unrelated developments, Mark C. was completely silent about this. Apparently, being "fair and balanced" iz hard werk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, too bad Mark C doesn't know about CSPAN that generally covers hearings live.

Not like Faux news covered it all either!

Anonymous said...

All I wanted was to see what was said and be allowed to judge things myself--rather than have CNN talking heads inform me.

And I do not get FOX as I would have to pay extra, and I hardly think it worth it.

I know about CSPAN--but my cable service, being Canadian, does not provide it.

Mark
Ottawa