Sunday, January 21, 2007

No rush ... what's a few more dead soldiers?


And with things going to hell in a handbasket over in Iraq, who can forget that The Decider decided that what he needed most to defeat global terror was ... to study it more closely:

Acting on the good advice of Senator Joe Lieberman and other key members of Congress, we will form a new, bipartisan working group that will help us come together across party lines to win the war on terror. This group will meet regularly with me and my administration; it will help strengthen our relationship with Congress.

To which Dems Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid tell Admiral McFlightsuit that he can go suck eggs.

And in the meantime, well, shit happens. To other people's kids, anyway.

2 comments:

M@ said...

Maybe they could form some sort of study group. To study the Iraq problem, and then make some clear suggestions on how to proceed there.

Because there's no way a president would refuse to act on such a group's suggestions -- if he did, there would be political hell to pay with the electorate, right?

Anonymous said...

This week I was getting comfortable with a few dead each day, then yesterday they jumped to over twenty.

I must be crazy!

I was actually thinking maybe for ten years a few dead a day was ok that this would solve the problem of pre-emption but no it doesn't do that.

I mean they are volunteers and I was drafted during Vietnam, and I was convicted of desertion and after serving my sentence was returned to duty, but these people are asking for volunteers and they seem to be getting them, and a few die each day.

How could they not desert?

I wasn't really comfortable with a few dead each day, I was responding to the count of dead and thinking in terms of years. It is a pittance isn't it pretzel my supreme popcorn?