Friday, January 05, 2007

OK, I take it back.


And only hours after I gave Olaf credit for being smarter than the average Blogging Tory, he goes and makes a fool of me:

A game of musical chairs? Have you ever played musical chairs, Stephane? I'm sure your erudite family played games of scrabble up to the age of 5, and then advanced to the always popular board game, Name that Nobel Prize Laureate. However, musical chairs, played by me and my less than brilliant peers, involves taking away chairs from the game until only a single chair (and a two players) remain, with the final player being he or she who sits on the chair when the music stops. However, in this case, Harper actually added 6 cabinet positions. Only a hopelessly perverted game of musical chairs would actually add chairs.

Furthermore, no one is exempt from musical chairs: everyone stands up and everyone moves. The majority of cabinet ministers currently sitting who were not shuffled, are indication enough that this shuffle resembles less "musical chairs" and more a game of ultimate duck duck goose* (which is the game I prefer, to this day).

Hence, the analogy to musical chairs, however appealing to the elitist Liberal base (who were never forced in a child care facility to actually play a game of musical chairs), is altogether nonsensical.

And besides, when kids play that game, actual chairs are involved, so you can see how that analogy is totally idiotic and Stephane Dion is a complete moron.

Tune in tomorrow when Olaf explains how Stephen Harper is nothing at all like George W. Bush because Stephen is ... uh ... taller.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, you mean they don't let the Cabinet ministers sit in chairs?!

Anonymous said...

Musical chairs? More like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

CC said...

The "Titanic" analogy is obviously bogus -- there is no ship involved. See how that works?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your erudite family played games of scrabble up to the age of 5.

I doubt it. Francophones don't play Scrabble.

Lord save us from little boys overcome by their own sheer brilliance.

M@ said...

Hold on, hold on... I thought Harper was quite clear that he hadn't added any seats, to show that the New Cabinet of the New Government of Canada was still the mean, lean legislatin' machine it was before, and much more efficient than the bloated Liberal machine. Let's see, uh, here, and oh, the Taxpayers Federation has something to say here.

How very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Well, to give credit where credit it due, at least Olaf readily owns up to the fact that he is "less than brilliant". Duh.

Anyway, that subtle literary device know as analogy is obviously way above his head.

Maybe if his parents had played more Scrabble with him when he was younger...

Anonymous said...

CC,

Ever heard of a joke? From my comments:

Just for the record,

This post was a ruse. I was playing the part of my uber-partisan Conservative alter ego, in trying to make Dion's use of an analogy into an election issue.

We'll see if it catches on in any case. I can see the placards now ("Say no to poor analogies, vote Conservative!)


I mean, I know my "sense" of "humour" takes some getting used to, but I thought it was pretty clear that I was being facetious.