Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You have GOT to be kidding me.


Senator Clueless McSame reporting for duty.

In recent days, Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) rhetoric toward Russia has mostly been overblown bluster, including an accusation that the country wanted to restore its old empire. However, since a cease-fire was announced and his predictions were proven wrong, McCain has backtracked, saying there won’t be a Cold War. To justify his new position, he told reporters in a press conference today:

In the 21st century, nations don’t invade other nations.

Do these people not hear themselves when they speak? Seriously? I need a drink ... fuck that, I think I need five or six.

H/T once again to ThinkProgress.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the 21st century, nations don’t invade other nations.
Iran says "Thank you"

That guy said...

And the Iraqis say, "Gosh, it was all a dream."

M@ said...

I can't believe there's a statement stupider than Friedman's "McDonald's" theory. Fitting that McCain would be the one to deliver it.

Ha, ha! I'll bet they'll be warning Russia that they're isolating themselves, next... oh, wait.

Um, fuck.

Frank Frink said...

Grampy can be a little forgetful sometimes. He has memory lapses. I think they're going with that.

M@ said...

He has memory lapses.

Well, as long as he's not popular. I mean, if he was the world's biggest celebrity, there's no way I could vote for him!