Thursday, July 23, 2009

Douchebag! The Kathy Shaidle Chronicles.


The woman who keeps Arnie Lemaire's testicles in a velvet Crown Royal bag mouths off about some people's unsavoury histories:

Van Jones is President Barack Obama's newly appointed "Green Jobs Czar"

... Jones' past isn't so pastoral.

The Ella Baker Center was connected to STORM (Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement), a "multi-racial activist collective with Marxist influences" with which Jones was involved.

In 1992, Van Jones founded another STORM project, Bay Area PoliceWatch, a "hotline and lawyer-referral service for victims and survivors of police abuse." This is fitting, perhaps, since Jones was himself arrested and detained briefly during a protest after the Rodney King verdict that same year.

Jones told the East Bay Express in 2005:

I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th [1992], and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a communist. (...)

I met all these young radical people of color – I mean really radical: communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary.

Like a character out of The Big Chill, Van Jones seems to have evolved from radical activist to Establishment insider. Perhaps only a left-wing administration incapable of recognizing irony would put a self-described communist in charge of creating jobs.

This embarrassing revelation of someone's personal past has been brought to you by Kathy Shaidle:

“I was a leftist,” she explains. “And I was a drunk. The two usually go together.”

These days, Shaidle is quick to assure you that she is no longer a leftist.

AFTERSNARK: By the way, in case you needed to know, Shaidle is a useless liar. I thought it was important to point that out.

No comments: